Sunday, October 31, 2010

The zoo

I always feel the same way when I go to the zoo. I get a sinking sense of humanity, especially when the chimpanzees stare at me from behind their glass habitat, which is a pretty small world for living beings to exist in. On the other hand, a lot of zoos are doing good work to rehabilitate these animals. I like that part. I just always kind of feel like a jerk. And baby elephants are always cute.
The Baltimore Zoo is interesting/okay. They make you walk a long, long pathway before you can actually see any animals. I wasn't sure that they actually had many, but it turns out to my relief that they did. You just have to hike a bit to get there. Since its Halloween there were tons and tons of kids in costume. Someday maybe I'll be one of those people pushing a stroller and pointing out the habits of the penguins to my own child. Joy. (?)

1 comment:

  1. I felt the same way about the Baltimore Zoo, it seems small. I like the natural way they set the zoo up and the fact that they kept most of the park's trees. The kids section is pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete