Sunday, September 12, 2010

This would be a lot of work...



Because I'm an writer, I think there should be one massive, comprehensive online site that has everything one would ever need to know about the English language. I haven't yet found one that is as complete as I would like it to be, although perhaps one does exist. This would solve the problem of having to buy lots of different books(dictionary, thesaurus, grammar guides, style guides, etc.), and wasting trees.This site would need to be certified somehow and reviewed critically for errors. It would just be a lot easier if everything one needed to know was in one location in cyberspace. It would save those writing papers a lot of time and energy finding the correct book or wondering whether the site they visited is accurate. I know this would be a major undertaking, but wouldn't it be great?


Some good sites already available:

apastyle.org

www.oed.com



No comments:

Post a Comment