Sunday, September 12, 2010

Teapots and Knitting Needles








Debbie Macomber is a popular writer who creates uplifting stories. Her website reflects this tacky, artificial spirit of positivity. It is set in garish blues and rainbow watercolors, reminding me somehow of a Thomas Kinkade painting. I get the sinking feeling that her target group is middle-aged women who like drinking tea and baking cakes. You can also join a "knitter's club" and knit with Debbie at a reading. I wouldn't mind the site if it's aim wasn't to sell badly written books to aging women and perhaps men. There also seems to be a religious agenda behind all of this, as many of her books are about angels or God. But for what it is, it certainly does it's job. That's why I think nothing about it needs to be or can be improved. Okay, I'm done being mean.
Debbiemacomber.com
image from graphics.cs.berkeley.edu






No comments:

Post a Comment